Our commitment to open and transparent management of your personal information
1. At Redwood we are committed to the open and transparent management of your personal information in line with our obligations under the privacy laws and to you as our valued customers.
2. To offer the goods and services we provide in our business as an online retailer, we will need to collect personal information.
3. Personal information is defined as information that can identify you in some way.
4. This policy sets out how we collect and use personal information including: how we collect and protect your information; how we use your information; disclosure of information; our compliance with direct marketing and spam laws; offshore disclosure of information; and how you can correct information or complain about our use of your personal information.
5. The 13 Australian Privacy Principles can be found at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-resources/privacy-fact-sheets/other/privacy-fact-sheet-17-australian-privacy-principles
6. We will only collect information in accordance with the law, the Australian Privacy Principles and through fair means.
Collecting and looking after your information
1. We only collect personal information with your consent, and which is necessary for our business.
2. We collect this information so we can deliver our goods and services to you, carry on our business and provide you with anything else you might require.
3. On signing up, and placing an order, we will collect from you: your name, email contact, phone number, address, date of birth; and your credit card details if you select that payment method (we do not store credit card details, only payment tokens via our secure payment gateway Stripe)
4. When you visit our website we may automatically collect information about: your computer’s operating system; your computer’s browser type and capability, your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) Address and geolocation; pages visited on our site, including how you were referred to each page; and web page usage statistics, including the time spent on each web page.
5. We may record phone calls for customer service training purposes.
6. We will not identify users or their browsing activities except where we are compelled to by law or in accordance with our website Terms and Conditions.
7. We store this information on secure cloud servers. These servers are protected by best practice cloud security measures which are in place to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, unauthorised use, modification, disclosure or any other misuse.
Use of your personal information
1. We use your personal information for the purpose of carrying on our business as an online retailer, including securing payment for and delivering your orders and any other related activities that you may expect from us.
2. We also use that information, or for a related secondary purpose where you would reasonably expect us to use the information or where permitted by law.
3. We use the sort of information collected from your computer (mentioned in point 4 of ‘Collecting and looking after your information’) for the purposes of managing our website, improving our business and ultimately delivering better results for our customers.
4. Use of your information will only be made in accordance with Australian Privacy Principle 6.